|Title:||Junior Systems Engineer|
|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The Systems Engineer must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years’ Experience: 3+ Years
- Education: Bachelors
- Clearance: Must be able and willing to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Green Card
- Key Skills:
- Familiar with designing systems through entire SDLC
- Must have experience with AWS
- Experience with performance and scalability considerations and techniques to include; server/network/storage constraints, auto scaling, redundancy, queueing, and graceful degradation.
Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems and enterprise portals? The Systems Engineer Junior will be responsible for evaluating, under supervision, system requirements, architectures, models, designs, and release/deployment plans. Assessing the technical and operational characteristics of systems. Manage system designs and reviews through the Engineering Review Group lifecycle. Provide expertise in, but not limited to, System Architecture, System Modeling, Software Development, Systems Integration, Technical leadership, Strategic Planning, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis. Assess the performance and scalability characteristics of systems. Identify Design concerns and considerations for performance and scalability. Develop solution architectures to resolve identified issues with Performance and Scalability.
- Perform with supervision on an Engineering/Architecture team responsible for the development and management of systems Architecture, designs, Build Sheets and deployment artifacts among others.
- Facilitate the successful EWG reviews of systems being introduced into the TI environments and legacy systems that require documentation and review for 2020 Census operations.
- With supervision, designs and documents system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Develop process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; writing improved processes.
- Supports Systems Engineering efforts through management of Change Requests, Impact analysis, Systems analysis, documentation, and review.
- Maintains, with supervision, system architecture and associated design documents, updating procedures, analyzing system and managing program changes.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- 3+ years as a Systems Engineer on Large Scale Development and Integration Programs
- Experience designing solution architectures for complex Systems within a System of Systems, with supervision
- Experience designing complex, integrated systems through the system development life cycle, with supervision
- Experience in understanding and creating System physical and conceptual architecture diagrams
- Experience working in Cloud environments (e.g. AWS and GovCloud)
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with large amounts of external stakeholder interaction
- Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise commercial off the shelf software packages as well as custom developed software and applications
- Awareness of performance and scalability considerations and techniques to include; server/network/storage constraints, auto scaling, redundancy, queueing, and graceful degradation.
- Ability to understand the results of performance and scalability tests and design basic alternatives to eliminate performance and scalability issues
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.” IBR does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com
If alternative methods of assistance are needed with the application process, additional contact information has been provided below: