Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems? As a Senior MySQL Database Administrator at IBR, with knowledge of MySQL, you will support a key business unit of the Census Bureau. MySQL versions currently in production include MySQL 5.1, MySQL 5.5, and MySQL Enterprise 5.6.33.
MySQL is one of the database technologies used in support of the Census Bureau's Database Center of Excellence (DCoE), which is consolidating database services for applications maintained throughout the Census Bureau. This position will be the senior person responsible for the operations and sustainment of the production MySQL databases. This position is full-time on-site at Census Bureau Headquarters.
The candidate is required to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
The candidate is required to be onsite at the project facility in Suitland, MD during normal business hours.
- Work as a blended team of support staff to support all MySQL database administration activities
- Develop and implement the roadmap to upgrade and standardize the deployed MYSQL environment across pre-production and production instances
- Develop and implement the roadmap to automate manual tasks and increase the degree of proactive monitoring
- Add, modify, and remove user accounts
- Create, modify, and drop databases
- Establish, modify, verify, monitor, and remove database replication
- Review performance, recommend improvements, and implement approved performance enhancements
- Assist application developers in the design, development, testing, and suitability of database interactions
- Apply database patches
- Perform backups and restores, and manage database backups
- Troubleshoot reported database issues
- Modify the database configuration as required
- After hours support and weekend work for patches, upgrades, and on-call rotations
- Overseeing work performed by junior MYSQL DBAs
- 6+ years of experience (with a graduate/postgraduate degree)
- 2+ years as a senior technical staff member (such as architect or principal/senior engineer).
- Experience in complex, multi-modular IT systems design, development and integration via various methodologies and technical approaches
- Expertise in IT best practices and technology trends
- Database and database server configuration, monitoring, and performance tuning
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication
- Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality
- Development of batch processes and scripts
- Setup of DB security policies and support for Certification and Accreditation processes/audits, particularly in a US federal government environment
- Logical and physical database modeling
- Supporting application development teams
- Working in a multi-tenant, shared-services environment
- Writing SOPs and Operations Manuals
- Performing capacity and availability planning
- Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
- Experience using Jira to manage operations support tickets and backlog of enhancements and upgrades
- Experience with MYSQLAgent Enterprise and AppDynamics as monitoring and management tools
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com