Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems? The Desktop Service Engineer Support Engineer will primarily be responsible for the overall maintenance and support of the Windows desktop environment (Windows OS 7,8,10) including, software distribution infrastructure, product lifecycle management, Anti-Virus end point protection security suite, as well as provide senior level operational support.
The candidate is required to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
The candidate is required to be onsite at the project facility in Greenbelt, MD during normal business hours.
- The Desktop Service Engineer is expected to provide support and maintenance to all physical architectures on all remote locations as part of the 2020 Census, including:
- Regional Census Centers (RCC)
- Area Census Offices (ACO)
- Puerto Rico Census Area Office
- Other designated locations as necessary
- Collaborate with TCO to design network services (e.g., DNS, DHCP, IP Management) which integrate with existing BCC network services
- Provide network services, desktop services, office print services, and shared services needed to support 2020 Census operations in all remote locations in scope for the 2020 Census
- Assist in the assessment of the current state of the office services architecture/design.
- Ensures adequate infrastructure monitoring, reporting, and alerting systems are in place. Identifies the need for new security technology solutions; designs, reviews and collaborates on the deployment of new solutions.
- Research new technology involving computer hardware and software to enhance the security posture.
- Solution validation and testing, ROI and deployment strategy; Interface with existing and new vendors relevant to desktop technology and security. Apply information and knowledge to an endpoint technology road map
- Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies, and approaches to systems administration tasks and complex projects
- Knowledge of methods that manage the distributed desktop environment including: platform OS, Group Policy, security deployment protecting corporate data and resources from virus, malware and hacking; etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure security, including windows, Unix/Linux, desktop/laptop.
- Experience working with Office productivity tools and desktop management tools is desired
- Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for office services architecture/design to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules.
- Provide support in various areas including Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI), Desktop as a Service, Wide Area Network (WAN) Networking, High Availability and COOP, Office WiFi, Voice over IP (VoIP), etc.
- Lead the development of action plans to design and implement solutions required to meet the 2020 office computing environment requirements
- Designs and documents Office Services architecture and associated designs by analysing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Provide enhancements or improvements to Office Services architecture by studying current designs and determining areas for improvement.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols, architecture, requirements, and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analysing system and program changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
Preferred Qualifications for Position Include:
MCSA/MCSA, VCP, Cloud Computing, Network+
- Creates OS image/build packages, application packages and undertake OS installation/troubleshooting.
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) managing the virtual image.
- Understands AD structures, Global Policies (GPOs), User permissions
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 7 — 10 and Server 2003 - 2012 R2
- Strong engineering skills in Windows server and desktop infrastructures
- Strong imaging and deployment skills
- Strong skills in patch management using WSUS and like technologies
- Automation and maintenance using Enterprise Management tools. SCCM preferred
- Software Packaging and deployment.
- Enterprise Management (SCCM, WSUS, Admin Studio)
- Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory,
- Hardware, virtualization, and enterprise storage skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of VDI and supporting technologies required for the delivery of virtual desktop services
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, schedule and execute assignments
- Strong analytical skills, with strong problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to lead moderately complex initiatives and solutions
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments such as Amazon AWS
- Experience identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project teams; and establishing project budgets.
- Experience tracking project activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Experience preparing technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com