|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The DevOps Engineer must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years’ Experience: 10+ Years
- Education: Bachelors
- Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Green Card
- Key Skills:
- Must have extensive hands on experience with automation and scripting
- Must have strong experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Ant, Maven etc).
- AWS experience
Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems and enterprise portals? The Migrate/DevOps Engineer will work with multiple application teams to migrate systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) DevOps provided service in support of the 2020 Decennial Census. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in DevOps related training activities for application teams.
- Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several applications into TI provided DevOps environments, either cloud or on-premise datacenter based.
- Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
- Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
- Implements middleware application specific requirements as needed, ensuring that integration across components in the TI provided environment is functional.
- Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
- Provides technical support for application teams which includes server system administration across all environments.
- Performs troubleshooting activities both independently and in conjunction with application teams and infrastructure teams, as needed.
- Creates automation scripts for server installation, builds, and continuous deployments.
- Provides ongoing deployment and operational support activities.
- Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience migrating application teams from datacenter to datacenter and/or datacenter to cloud.
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Ability to automate workflows through scripting such as Bash or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience determining and implementing middleware requirements.
- Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies
- Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub.
- Experience maintaining and administering software build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development life cycles within a substantial IT environment.
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Experience with server system administration a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud fundamentals a plus.
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. IBR does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com
If alternative methods of assistance are needed with the application process, additional contact information has been provided below: