Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems? Designs, develops and oversees system architectures, including complex systems and systems design activities. Serves as focal point for the development and communication of the system architecture. Insures conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system. Develops systems and system element architecture, design, and interface definition. Supports internal and external design reviews. Maintains knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis methodologies. Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development.
- Performing program and or project level systems architecture design and documentation tasks for numerous Census specific applications in a Systems of Systems (SoS) environment in preparation for the Decennial Census using established engineering processes and USCB policy and procedures.
- Perform on a multi-discipline team to make architectural design recommendations to ensure applications are secure, scalable, and reliable to support the Decennial mission.
- Support other program team members with ensuring the infrastructure environment (On-Premise Data Center & Cloud) is sized to support the scale of the Decennial Census.
- Work to review and/or establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Document technical recommendations and design artifacts in program deliverable reports and status briefings that recommend appropriate design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, as they apply to the implementation and specification of information management solution of the application platform, across the API, and the external environment/software application.
- Ensure that the common operating environment is compliant with the USCB enterprise architecture and applicable reference models.
- Design architectural solutions for problems identified by the Technical Readiness Assessment teams in workflows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Senior Information Technology (IT) Engineer who performs as a recognized authority in his/her field and exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness; applies and/or develops highly advanced principles, theories and concepts in managing large scale contracts; acts independently to resolve major problems; manages, leads and advises staff members in order to meet established objectives; responsible to accomplish long range objectives; self–supervised; decisions have a prolonged positive effect on organization’s reputation and business posture; consultant to senior management and prime spokesperson to customer on company capabilities and future efforts.
- Experience with enterprise software projects including utility front/back office application integration. Full Project Lifecycle experience, including definition, requirements gathering, design, construction, testing and deployment. Demonstrated ability to architect and deliver solutions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize and apply project management and technical governance to ensure control of the engineering technical baseline. Plan to ensure work products and deliverables are developed and delivered according to program schedules
- Experience in working in all phase of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and capability to work in both waterfall and agile development processes. Experience with SAFe preferred.
- Working expert knowledge with industry standard Enterprise Architecture (EA) methodologies and frameworks such as Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), etc.
- Experience working with major vendors (hardware and software)
- Working knowledge of application and infrastructure development methodologies and industry best practices.
- Experience working with Micro-services, Structured Query Language (SQL) / NO-SQL, and or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Unified Modeling Language (UML), Architecture Patterns, Performance Modeling and Interface Definition
- Experience with Federal Systems development and integration with emphasis on Systems architectures analysis and development.
- Tools/Technology Experience: AWS Architecture (hands-on knowledge), Service Oriented Architecture design Principles, Message Architecture (TIBCO,MQ), DB Architecture (Oracle,MS SQLServer), JAVA J2EE, Web Design Architecture, MS SharePoint environment, knowledge/experience working with architectural tools such as Erwin, System Architect, MS Visio, MS Office Suite.
- Candidates should expect to work extensively with AWS, EA Sparx, and MS Office Suite.
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com