|Title:||Cloud Migration Engineer|
|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The Cloud Migration Engineer must meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years' Experience: 10+ years
- Education: Bachelors
- Clearance: Must be able to maintain a Public Trust
- Work Authorization: Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Key Skills:
- Preferred Certifications: AWS Solutions Architect and/or AWS Developer
- GitHub, Jenkins and Puppet experience
As a Cloud Migration Engineer at IBR, you will work with multiple application teams to migrate systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) DevOps provided service in support of the 2020 Decennial Census. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in DevOps related training activities for application teams. The candidate is required to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.The candidate is required to be onsite at the project facility in Greenbelt, MD during normal business hours.
- Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several applications into TI provided DevOps environments, either cloud or data-center based.
- Provides technical guidance to application teams to take advantage of cloud technologies, as needed.
- Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
- Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
- Implements cloud infrastructure per Task 1/3 guidelines, as needed.
- Implements middleware application specific requirements as needed, ensuring that integration across components in the TI provided environment is functional.
- Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
- Works with security teams to coordinate application level Authority to Operate (ATO) efforts with Task 1 and Task 3 as needed.
- Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience migrating application teams from data center to data center and from data center to cloud.
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
- Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub
- Experience with software build systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with artifact repository systems such as Artifactory
- Ability to automate workflows through scripting or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies
- Experience determining and implementing middleware requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
- Proficient in Cloud technologies
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members’ ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- life insurance at no cost to our employees
- short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- health care flex spending accounts
- dependent care flex spending accounts
- training opportunities
- education assistance opportunities
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.