|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The NOC Manager must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years’ Experience:10+ years
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Work Authorization:Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Key Skills:
- ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications, AWS/Microsoft/Red Hat/VMware Certifications, and/or PMP/DevOps Certifications highly recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x, and NOC tools such as VMware vRealize, SolarWinds, AppDynmanics and/or Splunk
- AWS experience required
Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems? The NOC Manager will support the Decennial Systems of Systems hybrid cloud infrastructure and its applications. The NOC Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing all Operations related frameworks, processes, policies and plans across the various operations centers and deliver an integrated support platform capable of responding to the 2020 Census business, application and infrastructure needs. The NOC Manager will lead multiple 3 shift operations center teams and will be responsible for integrating and overseeing the second and third shifts to ensure continuity of service.
- Work with client/customer to create technical strategies and operations focused frameworks.
- Work closely with Infrastructure leadership to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction, report existing IT system risks, and recommend improvements.
- Work with the application teams, system and business owners to understand operational requirements and outputs.
- Maintain progress reviews of project tasks and team member assignments.
- Oversee end to end System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of systems through to system deployment and operations.
- Manage projects to adhere to the USCB SE&I SDLC process.
- Assess the operational and functional baselines of the organization and its supporting systems.
- Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for systems to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules.
- Develop Concept of Operations for the various sub operations centers.
- Develop process/control changes by identifying gaps/issues/areas for improvement; writing improved processes.
- Provide project management expertise throughout each phase of the project, from planning to closeout.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintain system protocols, knowledge base, SOP’s, and other documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Prepare status reports and deliver presentations on infrastructure operational improvements and status to colleagues, subordinates, and end-user representatives.
- Manage public cloud and software defined data center compute, storage, and network components.
- Implement and manage backup/recovery strategies, server configuration, monitor and respond to infrastructure, system and/or application health issues.
- Understand and execute Change, Account, Incident, and Asset management functions and processes.
- Provide expert knowledge, support and guidance to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative support of COTS, GOTS, FOSS and custom software solutions.
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information system operational availability, reliability, performance, etc. to support organizational goals.
- Provide infrastructure-related operational support documentation.
- Work as part of team and provide off-hours supports when required to achieve program objectives.
- Manage, track, audit, report, process, assign and work tickets daily and across shifts.
- Manage to closure the remediation of security compliance & vulnerabilities.
- Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed.
- Provide compute resource system and application monitoring & remediation support.
- Provide system and application access management support.
- Develop/review SOP’s and other documentation for use within the operations team.
- Perform tasks based on SOP’s to perform system and application changes as required.
- Increase day-to-day operational efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts.
- Serve as service desk escalation support to customers and application owners.
- Provide daily infrastructure analysis reports.
- Coordinate and manage service desk type environment.
- Coach, mentor and train staff.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (1000+) domain environment.
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, administering and using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x.
- Proficient with Kerberos/Pam for RHEL integration into Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2.
- Experience managing, troubleshooting and administering VMware 5.5+ (vCenter/vSphere/vRealize).
- Proficient at scripting using at least two languages: bash, sh, powershell, python, ruby, etc..
- Experience using NOC tools such as SolarWinds, AppDynamics, VMware vRealize and/or Splunk.
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
- Expert infrastructure/system/application troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience automating or orchestrating the provisioning of new services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services GovCloud (AWS) (EC2, S3, Snaps, Cloudwatch, etc.).
- Knowledge of Citrix VDI, Oracle RDBMS/RDS, Weblogic, Tomcat, IIS, etc..
- Knowledge of configuration and auto deployment tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.).
- VMware Software Defined Network (SDN) NSX proficiency.
- Familiarity with source and artifact control, configuration and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of NIST Information Security Guidelines and FISMA Compliance standards.
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Proficient in developing infrastructure-as-a-code solutions for continuous deployment.
- Experience in large scale migrations of enterprise applications.
- Experience supporting hyperconverged and converged infrastructure systems.
- Proficient in supporting recoverability and continuity of business operations.
- Ability to develop advanced Excel spreadsheets using pivots and VBA macros.
- Enterprise helpdesk/service desk experience.
- Various software engineering methodologies such as Waterfall, and Agile Scrum or Agile Kanban.
- Must have advanced level knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of DevOps.
- ITSM products (i.e. Remedy or ServiceNow) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management.
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com