|Title:||Software Engineer / Performance Focus|
|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The Software Engineer must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years’ Experience: 3+ years
- Education: Bachelors
- Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Green Card
- Key Skills:
- Must have experience with test plans and scripting
- Experience with Java, SQL, and SOAs
- Experience with analysis tools like SolarWinds, Splunk, OEM, or AppDynamics)
- Exposure to Performance Design and Performance Testing
- Performance and scalability experience preferred
Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems and enterprise portals? The Software Engineer will analyze systems performance characteristics to ensure the performance demands for the Decennial Census are understood. Manage the development, review, communication, and change management associated with performance-related non-functional requirements. Develop Program-level scale-up plans to guide the scale-up activities of the Program and Projects. Write project level test plans to test system ability to perform at required load. Write project level test plans to test systems to the point of breaking (aka identify thresholds and limits). Identify needs and alternatives for system scalability, reliability, and availability and provide recommendations to the Program. Identify and document high level risks that may impact system performance
Consult with system teams on performance optimization and scaling strategies to ensure the systems can meet non-functional requirements for performance, scale and responsiveness. Review system designs to identify and remediate bottlenecks. Develop scaling strategies for systems and components. Validate modeling assumptions through testing and operational monitoring.
- Develops and maintains performance-related non-functional requirements (average/peak load, average response time, peak/average WIP, etc.)
- Develop Program-level scale-up plans to guide the scale-up activities of the Program and Projects.
- Develop and validate the Program-level performance plan.
- Develops and maintains system sizing models
- Analysis of systems’ scaling approach and development of recommendations
- Change Management of Non-functional requirements.
- Validation of modeling assumptions.
- Familiarity with cloud technology and infrastructure to provide input on system design and testing
- Experience with performance analysis and scaling of complex systems
- Familiarity with performance characteristics and bottlenecks of major system components including networks, security devices, servers, and storage
- Experience with RMA analysis
- Understanding of Java (race conditions, memory leaks, garbage collection, detection of leaks and resolutions)
- Understanding of database tuning, indexing and partitioning, SQL or PL/SQL
- Understanding of web apps (app servers, web services, caching, compression)
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience using analysis tools (Appdynamics, SolarWinds, Splunk, OEM, etc.)
- Dynamic Modeling Software (ExtendSIM preferred) a plus
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. IBR does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com
If alternative methods of assistance are needed with the application process, additional contact information has been provided below: