|Title:||Information Security Cloud Engineer|
|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The AWS Cloud Architect must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years’ Experience: 14+ years
- Education: Bachelors
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Work Authorization: Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Key Skills:
- Preferred Certifications: CISSP, CCNP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Deep technical understanding of operating systems, Cloud architecture and design, and AD
- Hands on experience with AWS, web based applications and the RMF security process
Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems? The AWS Cloud Architect will work seamlessly with the Security Engineer Lead to conduct security engineering activities.
- Design, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of web sites, cloud networks and information privacy
- Identify, define & implement system security requirements for cloud applications
- Work with the Infrastructure and Engineering Staff to incorporate tools and best practices that ensure control requirements are addressed to promote a robust security posture in both private on premises and public cloud offerings.
- Conduct assessments using COTS and other tools to ensure coding practices are followed and effective as well as identify risks.
- Design, architect, install, configure, harden, and remediate scanning issues for Cloud environment as well as support the development of strategies to respond to and recover from a security incident
- Validate that system and application design and architecture meet best practice Security standards
- Works closely with Census Bureau Systems project teams to assist in the migration of systems from their current environment into the hybrid TI infrastructure while ensuring the security, integrity and interoperability of the system as a whole.
- Follows documented technical approaches to assess threats and residual risks, along with specifying the implementations required for the 2020 Decennial Census.
- Utilizes the organization tasking tracking database, framework and application to manage security operations and make the necessary reports based on due dates, assignments, coordination requirements, percent of completion, completion and archival. Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Analyzes Decennial change requests for security impacts and provide recommendations to the 2020 Census TI GPMO.
- Monitors and tracks security-related defects and resolutions; assigns tasks to the appropriate working group or individual. Coordinates and facilitates working groups and integrated process teams to achieve solution.
- Focuses on communications and networking needs between Cloud and on premises Data Centers, and Cloud and Internet (VPN) users
- Enables continuous monitoring to proactively survey, monitor, and track security-related defects and the status of their resolutions to report to the 2020 US Census GPMO.
- Works within a Sprint to ensure engineering features and enhancements include security requirements and meet Federal directives. Acts as a bridge between project teams or developers and security personnel, by being able to understand and interface in all areas. Identifies specific areas of concern related to securing sensitive data in a both a cloud and data center environment.
- Provides thought leadership to provide guidance and best practices for the implementation of SoS to support the 2020 Decennial Census.
- Provides expertise with Federal Requirements related to special classifications of data especially Title 13 and 26, FISMA, FedRAMP. NIST, etc.
- Generates documentation as required by the US Census.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Familiarity with performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures,and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud Service Experience working in AWS
- Must have solid hands-on experience in Administering Microsoft Active Directory, Domain Controllers, and other like capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare and Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
- High level scripting skills: Bash/Python/Ruby Expert knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com