Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems? The Segment Infrastructure Engineer will work with the infrastructure leads for the Department of Commerce to determine non-functional requirements to support the 2020 Decennial Census. The Segment Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with assessment teams to ensure that the design and implementation of the infrastructure will support the performance requirements of the 2020 Census. This individual will document the required architecture and interface with the USCB regularly.
The candidate is required to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
The candidate is required to be onsite at the project facility in Greenbelt, MD during normal business hours.
- Lead the development of Infrastructure Documentation to meet government requirements such as but not limited to:
- Concept of Infrastructure Design and Operations
- Infrastructure Architecture and Roadmap
- Physical Design Specifications
- Capture Infrastructure requirements.
- Assist with creating cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans, etc.
- Lead team to support the documentation of the Infrastructure to meet specific segment non-functional requirements
- Work closely with Application Assessment teams to ensure that the Infrastructure design can support segment specific Decennial 2018 test and 2020 production requirements
- Act as liaison to support teams and client during design of Data Center capability
- Use troubleshooting experience and work closely with operations, support, engineering and/or other functions to ensure successful segment level Data Center capability requirement identification and design.
- 5+ years of experience supporting infrastructure development for emerging software development programs. Analyze and document requirements, design, and concepts of operations.
- Experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies
- Detail oriented self-starter capable of working independently.
- Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments working with Architecture team
- Demonstrated understanding of Data Center Operations (Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Data Base Management, Systems Management, Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices)
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- Knowledge of storage Platform Technologies (SAN/NAS) including Hardware & Software (EMC/NetApp/Sun/IBM/HP etc.)
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com