|Job Type:||Exempt (salaried)|
The DynamoDB Developer must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Rockville, MD
- Years’ Experience: 3+ years
- Education: Bachelors
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Work Authorization: Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Key Skills:
- DynamoDB experience required
- Must have NoSQL and RDBMS experience
- Experience in Backups and Restores, Indexing and Compression
- The DynamoDB is responsible for all aspects of the design, development and delivery of data and database solutions.
- Work in fast paced agile environment and deliver MVPS in collaboration with scrum master, team leads, product owner.
- Design, develop and deliver / implement data solutions to include: architecture blueprints, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, development of standards, design and development of test plans, code and module design, development and testing, data solution debugging, design and implementation of a solution that follows efficient design techniques and development that meets and exceeds the intent of the design of the data solution.
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks / activities in coordination with a team of developers to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of a data solution component within a larger application project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs.
Identify useful and new database features, be able to discuss them with the existing database team, and implement them
- Assist Engineers on efficient use of database technologies, AWS Lambda APIs, and features
- Modularize and cost optimize database features as necessary
- Work with our performance engineer to load and stress test the DB at levels involving up to 2 Billion records
- Take part in code reviews, and be able to think on your feet in order to offer up the best solution to a problem with reasoning and evidence to backup the proposed solution
- Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing, and training
- Work with the AWS lead to implement and enforce security for all of the AWS databases.
- 3 years’ experience working on NoSQL and RDBMS technologies
- Ability to work in agile environment using JIRA and other project lifecycle tools for effective sprint execution
- NoSQL technologies DynamoDB experience required
- Experience with AWS Lambda and ElasticSearch are nice to have
- Linux/Unix Shell scripting
- NoSQL Tuning
- Experience understanding of relational database concepts (join types and implications, relationships, database normalization) and set based theory
- Knowledge of physical database design and referential integrity
- Create and maintain Stored Procedures, Views, Sequences, Triggers, Distributed Transactions, Scheduler Jobs
- Strong knowledge in Backups & Restores, Indexing, Compression
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
IBR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com